Get in touch with from SIMA (Sistema Integrado de Monitoreo Agricola)
SIMA (Sistema Integrado de Monitoreo Agricola)
SIMA provides an interface for farmers to monitor the growth and status of their crops with greater ease and accuracy from a phone, tablet, or computer.
Using satellite imagery and data collected through photos taken by the user, the SIMA program is able to centralize information that helps farmers monitor the status of their crops and identify possible threats including pests or disease.
The process in which SIMA is used involves three steps:
1. the grower/user collects data using their device. This means taking pictures, recording voice memos, and the locations of infestations and disease. All data collected is then geolocated to the field.
2. Through the interface created by SIMA, the user is then able to view their data in a centralized location with the aid of graphics such as charts and graphs. Interactive maps allow users to monitor their fields and pinpoint locations.
3. Finally, using SIMA, a user is able to communicate the status of their crop as well as decisions regarding the crop with work orders.
This company's product can also be used in several different stages of the growing process to address a variety of factors that affect plant health. During the planting and harvesting process, users can use SIMA to keep track of data regarding harvest yields as well as planting and sowing progress. Using the Vegetative Growth Map feature, users are able to map out their land, divide it, and make decisions regarding problem areas with the aid of arial imagery. Additionally, arial imagery capabilities also allow the user to plan the spacing of crops without the hassle of measuring by hand. Finally, during the growing process SIMA helps users monitor rainfall, irrigation, and fertilization data in a centralized location.
- Countries of operation
- Argentina, Mexico, Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, Peru
- Year Founded
- View Website
- Human and Managed Systems
- Reduced agricultural productivity and food security, Spread of pests, and vector-borne and water- borne diseases
- Generating revenue?
- We are generating revenue
Last updated: June 14, 2021