Get in touch with from Resurgence
Resurgence is a design, technology and consulting company that specialises in climate risk, resilience and inclusive multi-hazard early warning services. The company has award-winning expertise in co-designing early warning systems with national, municipal and community stakeholders, and in supporting governments and cities to develop the data infrastructure to manage and reduce climate risk.
Resurgence is an international design, technology and consulting company that specialises in developing climate risk, resilience and inclusive multi-hazard early warning services. The company is headquartered in London with operations in Europe, the Caribbean and Africa. Resurgence's team of meteorologists, weather communications and climate risk visualisation experts has unique and award- winning expertise in co- designing early warning systems with national, municipal and community stakeholders. The company also supports governments and city authorities in developing the data infrastructure to manage and reduce the full range of climate hazards such as floods, storms, heatwaves and landslides.
Resurgence's services include :
- Early Warning System Co-Design for urban and rural users (communities, utilities, infrastructure operators)
- Early warning system user needs assessments & user feedback system development for hazards such as flooding
- Smart Phone App Design and Testing for National Weather Forecasters
- Communication and Visualisation of multi- hazard risk, including climate risk
- Open data infrastructure development for climate risk reduction
Resurgence's flagship urban forecasting and early warning system co-design service, DARAJA, has won two international innovation awards from the Global Resilience Partnership (GRP) and British Expertise International. Institutional clients and partners include: The Inter-American Development Bank Group (IDB), the World Bank, the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction, the Red Cross Climate Centre, The Climate Risk and Early Warning Systems (CREWS) initiative of the World Meteorological Agency (WMO). Resurgence national weather agency partners and clients include: The Met Office (UK), The Finnish Meteorological Institute (FMI) and The Meteorological Service of Jamaica (MSJ). The company's corporate partners include civil engineering and environmental consulting companies AECOM and JBA.
- 6, Penrose Way, England, United Kingdom
- Countries of operation
- Jamaica, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda
- Year Founded
- View Website
- Climate Related Hazards
- Cyclone, hurricane, typhoon, Heavy precipitation
- Human and Managed Systems
- Business disruptions, Damages to physical infrastructure, property, and critical services, Impacts to human health, and loss of livelihoods
- Physical and Biological Systems
- Drought, Flood, Heat Stress, Urban ecosystems
- Generating revenue?
- We are generating revenue
- Annual Revenue
- Total capital
- No external funding has been needed to date
- Multilateral Financing Institutions; National Weather Agencies; City Authorities
- JBA Consulting; ad hoc bids with AECOM; ongoing partnership with UK Met Office; strategic partnership with Red Cross Climate Centre; founder members of REAP
- Company stage
Last updated: May 6, 2021