Get in touch with from Releaf
Releaf invents and operates proprietary technology to reduce post-harvest loss in the oil palm sector. We buy palm nuts from smallholders in Nigeria and provide extension services. There are 4M oil palm smallholders contributing 80% of Nigeria’s supply of palm oil.
Sustainable palm oil provides an enormous opportunity for climate resilience for African smallholder farmers. Whereas palm is often viewed as an unsustainable crop due to ecologically harmful agricultural practices in Asian plantations, it can be a sustainable, resilient, and profitable product for African producers. Using climate smart agricultural practices, judicious use of inputs, and efficient extension services, farmers can cultivate small palm groves that produce steady income despite the increased frequency of climate shocks in the regions of cultivation. However, climate-smart products and services are needed by these farmers, provided through Releaf as a farmer allied intermediary.
- Calabar, Cross River, Nigeria
- Countries of operation
- Year Founded
- View Website
- Climate Related Hazards
- Temperature variability
- Human and Managed Systems
- Reduced agricultural productivity and food security
- Generating revenue?
- We are generating revenue
- Total capital
- B2B (off-takers in the oil palm trade)
- CFYE Breakthrough Energy Ventures
- WAVE - job training Solidaridad - agriculture Pangea Global Ventures - advisory services
- Company stage
Last updated: January 21, 2022