Get in touch with from PowerGen Renewable Energy
PowerGen Renewable Energy
PowerGen is the leading developer of distributed renewable energy in Africa. PowerGen's vision is to provide 1 million customers with clean, reliable and affordable power by 2030.
PowerGen has over a decade of experience developing, building, and operating renewable energy projects and interconnected grids in sub-Saharan Africa. The company is currently serving 20,000 connections across 5 countries with 24/7 AC power, with the vision to provide 1 million customers with clean, reliable and affordable power by 2030. PowerGen has installed approximately 3 MW of distributed renewable energy (“DRE”) resources for community, commercial and industrial customers in 12 countries across the continent. The company's projects reduce significant CO2 emissions from existing diesel generators, kerosene and candles by providing clean and reliable power.
- Karen Plains Road, Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- Countries of operation
- Kenya, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Benin
- Year Founded
- View Website
- Climate Related Hazards
- CO2 emissions from fossil fuels
- Human and Managed Systems
- Impacts to human health, and loss of livelihoods, Clean power supply and electricity used for economic development.
- Generating revenue?
- We are generating revenue
- Annual Revenue
- USD $4m
- Total capital
- $20m of corporate financing (including several strategics) + $30m of project financing
- Our customers are the underserved across sub-Saharan Africa, across first-time energy access and customers suffering from poor grid reliability.
- Our investors include Rockefeller Foundation, Shell, Sumitomo, Acumen, ElectriFi (European Union fund), and others.
- Company stage
Primary Contact Information
- Aaron Cheng
Last updated: November 30, 2021