Get in touch with from Ignitia
Ignitia has developed a unique algorithm that produces GPS-specific weather forecasts for the tropics that are twice as accurate as existing global models. The algorithm takes into account the convective processes that dictate a majority of tropical weather events (that global models are not calibrated for) to produce highly accurate 2-day rain forecasts, and also offer monthly and seasonal predictions.
With over 84% reliability, Ignitia’s proprietary forecasting model predicts tropical weather patterns down to a hyperlocal range. The forecasts are delivered to West African farmers via SMS in partnership with mobile network operators.
- 25, Bergsundsgatan, Stockholm, Stockholms län, Sweden
- Countries of operation
- Ghana, Nigeria
- Year Founded
- View Website
- Climate Related Hazards
- Changing precipitation patterns and types (rain, hail, snow/ice), Changing temperature (air, freshwater, marine water), Changing wind patterns, Heavy precipitation, Precipitation variability, Temperature variability
- Human and Managed Systems
- Reduced agricultural productivity and food security, Reduction in water availability, quality and security
- Physical and Biological Systems
- Heat Stress, Heat wave, Water Stress
Last updated: January 12, 2022