Get in touch with from Esoko
Esoko has been helping enterprises manage rural communities. Traditionally focused on content services for farmer, Esoko now provides access to critical services via mobile channels (agronomic, climate, markets, credits and digital skills) to smallholder farmers to build resilience and adapt to climate. We promote transparency in agricultural value chains and help organizations to track community based projects using a powerful data digitization platform and field deployment expertise.
Esoko’s business strategy is shaped by a much stronger technology platform that run a full Data and information Services (Surveys, Messaging and Content). The content services targets smallholder farmers with highly localized climate smart information services delivered via SMS, Voice, IVR and Call centres and aim at building climate resilience and help farmers to adapt to changing climate and weather variability. We support over 1.2 million farmers with daily weather forecasts and climate advisories through a B2B model that support organizations having farmer networks. We also develop a Digital Commodity Services that extends our traditional Bids and Offers services to a much more compelling and innovative virtual commodity marketplace, providing farmers with credit and market access enabled by modern technologies of web, mobile and AI. The objective of this digital commodity service is to provide market access, build climate resilient and ensures the provision of financial services to smallholder farmers. Our platform also support organizations seeking to convert from paper data collection methods into a full electronic data collection system.
- Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
- Countries of operation
- Ghana, Liberia, Tanzania, Benin, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Burkina Faso
- Year Founded
- View Website
- Climate Related Hazards
- Changing precipitation patterns and types (rain, hail, snow/ice), Heavy precipitation, Precipitation variability
- Human and Managed Systems
- Impacts to human health, and loss of livelihoods, Reduced agricultural productivity and food security, Spread of pests, and vector-borne and water- borne diseases
- Physical and Biological Systems
- Drought, Flood, Soil degradation & erosion
- Generating revenue?
- We are generating revenue
- Annual Revenue
- USD 1.5M to 4million
- Total capital
- Major customers are NGOs, Research institutions, Government agencies, farmers, cooperatives, agribusinesses, Mobile Network Operators etc.
- - Mobile Network Operators - Weather fees providers - Payment Service providers - Governments Agencies - Research Institutions - Subject Matter Specialists
- Company stage
Last updated: January 12, 2022