Get in touch with from AirQo
AirQo was founded to close the gaps in air quality data in Uganda and across Sub-Saharan Africa. We continuously provide evidence of the magnitude and scale of air pollution by developing and deploying a network of low-cost air quality monitoring devices. By applying artificial intelligence, we derive insights from the data collected and share in real-time through our data sharing platforms.
AirQo builds and deploys low-cost air quality monitors across urban areas and uses this data to model and forecast in areas which lack sensors. The AirQo app is available to access air quality data in Uganda.
- Hill Road, Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- Countries of operation
- Year Founded
- View Website
- Climate Related Hazards
- Changing wind patterns
- Human and Managed Systems
- Impacts to human health, and loss of livelihoods
- Physical and Biological Systems
- 1.3 million received from Google AI Impact Challenge.
- Google, World Bank Group, University of Birmingham, The University of Sheffield, EPSRC, National Research Foundation, mapping for change, ZINDI, A Systems Approach to Air Pollution, Columbia University, University of Wyoming, African Center for Clean Air.
Last updated: January 3, 2022