Get in touch with from ACRE Africa
ACRE Africa, the brand name of Agriculture and Climate Risk Enterprise Ltd. (ACRE) is a registered insurance surveyor in Kenya, an insurance agent in Rwanda and in Tanzania. It operates as a for profit company that evolved from the Kilimo Salama project (established 2009) that was funded through the Syngenta Foundation and the Global Index Insurance Facility (GIIF).
ACRE Africa is a Licensed Insurance Intermediary which provides Risk Management Services to reduce agricultural and climate risks. Products offered to customers include Weather Indexed Cover, Soil Moisture Index Cover, Vegetation Indexed, Multi-peril Crop Cover, Mortality Livestock Cover, and Advisory services.
- Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- Countries of operation
- Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Mozambique, Malawi, Ghana, Senegal, Rwanda
- Year Founded
- View Website
- Climate Related Hazards
- Changing precipitation patterns and types (rain, hail, snow/ice), Changing temperature (air, freshwater, marine water)
- Human and Managed Systems
- Reduced agricultural productivity and food security, Reduction in water availability, quality and security
- Physical and Biological Systems
- Drought, Heat Stress, Heat wave
Last updated: January 14, 2022